Monday, January 8, 2007

Larb!

Just a quick post today. For dinner tonight I made larb (served with white rice and cabbage leaves to make wraps) -- after reading about it at one of my favorite blogs. For the first time in ages, I actually (mostly) followed a recipe -- only changing a few things -- adding mint and basil to the cilantro mix, using rooster sauce instead of chilies, substituting ground turkey in place of ground chicken thighs, and using black sticky rice to make the toasted rice powder instead of white sticky rice. Erm, I guess that means I didn't exactly follow the recipe.

No matter. It was magnificent. Spicy, sour, salty, and heady with herbs. This would be the perfect gateway Thai dish for those who may hesitate to explore new asian foods. Oh, and toasted rice powder? Yum. We quite literally licked the dishes clean.

Go make this immediately!

No comments: