Tuesday, March 6, 2007

so, are the days of our lives...

..like sand through an hourglass, that is.

Sorry I haven't posted in a week or so. Life seems to have gotten in the way of my all important blogging duties. I was out of town at a conference most of last week, in Tahoe skiing all weekend, and busy with work and errands the past few days.

Honestly, I haven't done much cooking -- let alone cooking worth blogging about. However, you may rest assured friends, lots of ideas for posts are marinating in my little head. Before you know it, I'll be back with recipes, reviews, and thoughts.

Meanwhile, I'd like to point out something I recently noticed while looking for a quote to use as a header to this blog. It seems that quite a few great minds have found the interplay of loving and dining to be a topic worth discussing. Enjoy a few of my favorite such quotes:

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."~ Harriet Van Horne

"Of soup and love, the first is best."- Spanish Proverb

"No mean woman can cook well. It calls for a generous spirit, a light hand, and a large heart."~ Paul Gauguin

"We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion or wolf."~ Epicurus

“There is no sight on Earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.”~ Thomas Wolfe

"The art of cooking is among the most intimate things that we can do for another.”~ Charlie Trotter

"Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine."~ Anthony Trollope

"I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them."~ Nora Ephron, in "Heartburn"

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."~ Virginia Woolf, "A Room of One's Own"

Any favorites?

No comments: