Friday, April 13, 2007

A (slightly embarassing) request:

My site was nominated for Best Food Blog!


Friends,

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet! I feel we've gotten close over the past few months, so I feel slightly less embarrassed than expected by asking you a favor... please vote for me!

I have to come completely clean here, I nominated *myself* for a food blogging award. Totally lame, right?

Here's the deal: I've been dutifully typing away at my keyboard, taking lots of pictures, and doing my best to keep my little blog fun and entertaining since January. However, I'm just not getting the readership that I hoped for. "Self," I asked, "what would be the best way to get the word out about my blog?" Lo and behold, I stumbled across the Blogger's Choice Awards, swallowed my pride (or perhaps dug up some extra pride), and nominated myself.

My theory is thus (and it is the same one that I used to rationalize voting for myself when I was running for Student Body President): If I don't believe I am worth voting for, why should you? In this case, I think I run a fine little blog, with lots of stories, good food, and fun pictures. Therefore my reasoning, (to myself), is sound -- I believe in my blog, and thus I feel justified in asking you to vote for it.

So there is my plea, if you read this blog and enjoy what I write about, please take the time to vote. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Note: If the link above doesn't work, go to: http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/2718

No comments: